Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2: Big Money v. Little Money

I'm entering my second year of college. As a high school senior, I did look for a few scholarships, but one of the biggest mistakes I made was not having an open mind. I looked for the large scholarships: 20,000, 10,000, 40,000. If you can pull in one of these behemoths, good on you. But a lot of these tend to my rather competitive. I completely ignored the slew of 1,000, 2,500, and even 5,000 scholarships. It may not seem like a ton of money. Indeed, most of these are meant to be supplemental. But say you earn 10 $1,000 scholarship. That's $10,000 in your pocket. Granted, earning 10 scholarships may not be the easiest thing to do, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Trust me, if you aren't already in college you'll learn the value of a measly $1,000 pretty quickly. That's a years worth of textbooks. Or it can go towards summer storage. (Hey, it could even pay for that new TV you've been wanting...but I wouldn't necessarily go there).

My dad says, "Every little bit counts."I didn't believe him then, but trust me I do now.

So go for the big money, but be sure not to ignore the small money either. I know I'm not.

Happy Trails,
L.

1 comment:

  1. California bankruptcy records
    http://www.bankruptcylive.com/records/ca-californiabankruptcyrecords
    Order copy of Official bankruptcy California court records, Bankruptcy discharge papers $9.99, bankruptcy creditors listing $19.99 and complete file for $29.99 at lowest cost on web.

    ReplyDelete