Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scholarships

Almost anybody trying to dole out financial advice will tell the college bound: look for scholarships. And good advice it is. Scholarships are free money. Unlike loans, they do not have to be paid back after a specified amount of time, and not all of them require academic excellence or financial need (although many do). So I, like a lot of college students (and college bound seniors) set out to look for all of the free money clamored about by experts. But I was stumped. For some reason, none of the scholarships seemed to apply to me. I was too wealthy, didn't do enough service, didn't have the right career path, wasn't in the right year, didn't live in the right area. I can't be the only one stumped by the scholarship search. So, I figured I start scholarship week. I am by no means a financial expert, but I figured that following me, an average college student, in my search for scholarships might help those others lost in the world of funding their college education.

Hopefully this post finds someone somewhere.
To my 1 reader,

Happy Trails,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment